Friday, January 26, 2018

Natural Beauty Series - Meet Marie From And The Color Green



Hi Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

I am so buzzing with joy to present my interview with yet another wonderful Natural Beauty, Marie from And The Color Green! We first bonded via Instagram (as you do) talking about products for dry and sensitive skin, and when I discovered she has a Youtube channel, I binge watched all her videos in one day! And I loved them all. She talks about green beauty products, subscription boxes, science 180 about ingredients in such a down to earth and playful manner, you can't help but fall in love with her! I don't know how about you, but reading scientific studies isn't my ideal downtime read, but her's is. And she translates that so well into her videos. I featured her in my Spring 2017 Favourites, and if you don't follow her already, you should - you will love her, I am sure of it. I also admire her for balancing so many plates at the same time, not only is she a mommy to two small kids, but also works at the outpatient clinic, does regular Youtube videos, as well as having a blog, and that is not the end of it, far from it - she has started her own subscription box business! Mary, tell me where are you buying extra time, I want to know :)
Pst, her social media will be linked at the end of this post.



And the Color Green - Marie


💕 Tell us a bit more about yourself?
   
My name is Marie. My mom’s family all have French names so I got Marie! I grew up in Hawaii. I have lived and traveled all over the US. I have also gotten to travel a lot in Europe, Central and South America. My husband and I both love to surf so Hawaii was where we wanted to come back to and settle down. It is also the most diverse place in the US. So it has a unique blend of cultures and traditions that I have always loved and appreciated. I wanted my kids to experience that same environment. 



💕  How has going natural and nontoxic in your beauty regimen changed your overall health and beauty?

I think choosing to focus on more natural based products makes you more aware of the whole industry of beauty. You start to pay attention to sourcing, production, ingredients and the waste created. It was really out of this interest in how stuff was made that motivated me to start my You Tube channel. 



💕 Three things that make you happy?

My family, surfing and endless cups of coffee.



💕 What is the best advice you've been given?

“Live in faith, not in fear”-It was given to me by a friend of mine who truly lives this motto. She embraces life and is patient and trusting that life will play out the way it is meant to. 



💕 What people inspire you?

Big wave surfers and mountain climbers! They train physically and mentally for months to interact and conquer the scary side of nature. It inspires me to see people utilize their bodies strength and mental fortitude. 



💕 What are your three (or five) can't-live-without-it beauty products? 

Current loves: Mun Anarose toner, Honua Olena oil, Osmia Organics Purely simple face cream.


Marie from And The Color Green

💕 Your best DIY recipe?

1/2 raw honey, 1/2 olive oil, + 1/2 dairy or vegan yogurt. It combines so many great nutrients, exfoliates and softens skin.



💕 What do you like and dislike about yourself?

I have always liked that I was born with tons of energy. They used to call me busy bee when I was a kid. I was always making crafts or roller skating. Over the years, I have come to dislike it at times because occasionally I exhaust myself with all my projects. 



💕 Your proudest achievement?

My kids! 



💕 What food do you like to cook/eat?

I really love to roast vegetables in olive oil. I mean roasted broccoli tastes better than pizza! I always have to make triple the amount I think we will need for a family of four (meaning the pan is over-flowing!). There is never any left at the end of the night. 



💕 I really like your Mask Hacking videos, how are you coming up with them?

Well, I love to break down ingredients and figure out how stuff works. So breaking down what was inside face masks has always been fun for me. I eventually turned that into a subscription box called Face Mask Alchemy.


Face Mask Alchemy


💕 Your guilty pleasure?

Italian food. I could eat carbs covered in tomatoes all day. 



💕  What scents excite you?

I learned the word for my favorite smell from Jess of Stark Skincare. It is called petrichor. It is the scent of fresh rain after a long dry period.



💕 What's your favorite beauty trend at the moment?

The Korean skincare invention of the 7 Toner method. It revolves around applying topical humectants to add hydration to skin. It seems to work well for all skin types. 



💕 3 resources every girl needs..

A moisturizer, a wifi signal, and a good pair of sturdy walking shoes. 



💕 Once a week for my health…

FACE MASK! My mom recently told me that she wished she could mask more but she didn’t have the time. I replied, “You make the time”. My personal masking mantra is to do a clay mask once a week followed by sheet mask. Setting time aside for yourself to practice a simple self care ritual is more than just a face mask. It is a moment to breathe. It is a moment to reflect. For some, setting aside this time comes naturally. For others, we have to consciously choose to value ourselves and set aside that time. 



💕 What do you do to de-stress?

Crossfit! I love lifting heavy weights. It makes me feel so satisfied and relaxed afterwards. 



💕 Last thing you do at night?

Check that the doors are locked! 



💕 Tell us a secret!

I hate it when other peoples feet touch me. . . . Ewwwwwwwww



💕  A few words to Green Life In Dublin readers?

I would love to come and visit Ireland and face mask with Renata!
(You are welcome to my house any time Marie! I would love that! R.)


Now, isn't she adorable? I am linking her Youtube channel here and her Instagram here, because supporting my fellow green beauty sisters is kind of a priority for me! Go follow her and say hello from me while you are there 😉


If you want to, you can check out all my other Natural Beauty interviews I've done to date. And just a quick note, I will be posting these interviews on a random basis from now on, as opposed to every six weeks I'd done previously, as truth to be told, they come back to me at different times, when it is convenient for them, and I don't want to place any pressure on them or myself. This a blog after all, not a published magazine where I would have time frames and deadlines, so let's just enjoy these interviews as they come, shall we?


Sonia White from Love Lula









 and last but not least, Linda or Lindalu19.






 P.s. Please make my day and subscribe & share this or any of my blog posts on social media - it helps to get the green beauty word out and for that I Thank You! Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.com, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube.  



Lots of Love,
Renata.

green life in dublin
Green Beauty Blog, Green Life In Dublin

Enjoy my content? Any contribution to my PayPal Tip Jar -  will get You my eternal gratitude and more awesome green beauty reviews Your way! I weed out all the greenwashing products so You won't have to :)



No comments:

Post a Comment