Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Ireland's first Natural & Organic Subscription Box Review



Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

Green Life In Dublin
Natural Skincare Emporium Beauty Box

How are you today? I can't believe it is the middle of November already! I know everyone keep saying that, but the Autumn seems to be gone in a blur. 

Today I am coming at you with a review of Ireland's first natural and organic subscription box. It is about time, isn't it? It is from Natural Skincare Emporium, Irish owned online shop for all things natural and organic - they carry loads of brands and you can get everything you want from skincare to supplements, baby care, cosmetics, you name it! Let's just say I perused their website and my wishlist is well over four figures 😉

A few months back they started doing their own subscription box, with all products natural and organic of course, and that's exactly what we will be looking into today. It retails for less than twenty euro a month, and that includes registered post delivery, which is music to my ears, as I am always afraid of losing my packages in the mail. Each box includes four or five items (some full size) not including sachet samples. I received November's box for the review purposes, so let's look into it, shall we?


Benecos Body Peel, Apricot and Elderflower

Ingredients INCI:
Aqua, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Prunus Armeniaca Seed Powder, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Shell Powder, Xanthan Gum, Tiliayphyllos Flower Water*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Parfum**, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol°, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin*, Arctium Lappa Fruit Extract*, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract*, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract*, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract*, Hypericum Perforatum Flower Extract*, Urtica Dioica Root Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Dehydroacetic Acid°, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil*, Potassium Sorbate°, Sodium Benzoate°
° preserved with * certified organic ** natural fragrance


This is a full size item. It uses apricot kernels to remove the build up of dead skin cells. Darker in colour and smells amazing, but for me personally it lacks scrubby bits, I am one of those people who like to scrub their body skin raw. If you like gentle body scrubs, this might be a perfect product for you? Bargain too!


Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream

Ingredients: glycerin, olea europaea (olive fruit oil), avena sativa (oat kernel flour), lanolin, parfum (fragrance), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), quillaja saponaria (quillaja bark extract), avena sativa (oat kernel oil), rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary leaf extract), canola oil, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, butylphenyl methylpropional, coumarin, limonene, linalool. 

I was pleasantly surprised by it, it left my feet soft and nourished, but not slippy. Some foot creams use too much oils or butters, and while that is good for the skin, they can make your feet slip around in your shoes. This does not do that. My hubs loves and uses the shampoo and hand cream from this brand and likes them a lot. You get generous 20g deluxe sample size in this box.


Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Limonene* *Component of natural essential oils

I love love love Dr.Hauschka Rose Day Cream (look for review in the search box if you want to) and I repurchased it multiple times. So after having such success with it I am keen to expand my horizons with this brand, aka try more products! This facial toner is a second sample size I own, I got one just a couple of days prior this box arrived, so I can only give you first impressions on it, but I can say so far, so good! It has witch hazel and alcohol in it, two ingredients I am always afraid to use because of my sensitive skin, but in this combo they don't give me any hassle, my skin isn't tight or reacting in any way. Which is good, so I will continue to use what I have. If you aren't using a toner, please look into it, as it regulates your skin's ph after washing it.


Ren Evercalm Rescue Mask

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Caprylate/Caprate, Olus Oil, Lactobacillus Ferment, Butyrospermum, Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Propanediol, Algae Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Lactobacillus, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Parfum* (Fragrance), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Panthenol, Carbomer, Vaccinium Vitas-Idaea (Lingonberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Cocus Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Magnesium Carboxymethyl Beta- Glucan, Malachite Extract, Albatrellus Ovinus Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Glucose, Phenoxyethanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leat Extract, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool).
*100% Natural Fragrance 


What can I say, I want a full size of this, like asap! From small sachet I can already tell it is amazing for your skin - and I wish I have taken before and after photos, the difference is dramatic. I was sporting a dermatitis patch on my face due to accidentally glutening myself and it took care of it like no one's business - the redness was down and my skin soothed. This mask is specially developed to combat over sensitivity, which it does beautifully. Beta glucan will strengthen the protective barrier, and arnica will soothe any inflammation. Ren is definitely the brand I will dive into in the few upcoming months, starting with this mask. Calming serum is next on my radar.


Weleda Skin Food

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glyceryl Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * from natural essential oils.

Another sachet sample of great product, I have used it before, and have a review on my blog too, so all I can say is that you need this product in your life. Multi-use, but I mostly used it on my hands to protect them from harsh winter, and this product did that beautifully. A favourite with stars like Victoria Beckham. Apparently it sells out so much it even has a waiting list! Not for my vegan friends, sorry - it has lanolin in it.



Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Hydrating Cream

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Glyceryl stearate, Polysorbate 60, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil*, Triticum vulgare (Wheat) germ oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Almond) oil*+, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil*+, Boswelia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Commiphora myrrha (Myrrh) oil, Sorbitan stearate, Tocopheryl acetate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene.
*Organically produced ingredient. +Nut/seed based ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 41% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product. 


Deluxe sample of a product I am well familiar with - I had a full size of it a couple of years ago. NYR get much of my respect as a brand, and they do such a wide range of products, which I appreciate and keep coming back to. Despite saying this, I am sad to report this particular cream didn't suit me uber sensitive skin, probably due to too much of essential oils for my skin to handle. If you don't react to every single ingredient like I do, be my guest, the ingredient list is fabulous, and I certainly wish I could use it. This will be either used as a hand cream or passed down to someone who will be able to enjoy it.



Caudalie Cleansing Oil

Ingredients:
Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate*, Caprylic/Capric Tryglyceride*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) seed oil*, Tocopherol*, Parfum (Fragrance)*.
* Plant origin. 


You get very generous 30ml of product in this box, and that will certainly allow you to get the proper feel of the product, and you will be able to decide whether it is for you or not. It has a very faint natural smell to it. I have to be honest I haven't tried this product yet as I haven't worn any make up last week, and I am very conscious of not testing too many products at once. I will let you know once I will. Ingredients list is nice and minimal, it is suitable for sensitive skin, which gives me confidence I will get on with this product. Fingers crossed. 


So all in all, I enjoyed being test bunny and reviewing this Natural Skincare Emporium beauty box! It has a good mix of products, you can use them all to get your skin party season ready. And if you love natural and organic skincare and love testing new products like I do, this is definitely the box for you. I love the fact that it all comes in the recycled packaging, I am all about reusing things too, and quite frankly, who needs all these fancy boxes when no one tends to keep them anyway? 

As I mentioned, this box ships free in Ireland, and if you are outside Ireland but want to order it, you can contact them at info@naturalskincare.ie and they will do your best to accommodate you.


That is all for now, see you here shortly!

Lots of Love,
Renata.

green life in dublin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment