Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Neal's Yard Remedies Palmarosa Daily Moisturizer Review

Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

Nyr, Neal's Yard Remedies moisturizer review



Neal's Yard Remedies Purifying Palmarosa Daily Moisturizer review


So today I am coming at you with another review, and this time the spotlight is on Neal's Yard Remedies Purifying Palmarosa Daily Moisturizer. It is one of those products where I used slash tested it for six months prior to posting my review! Whoops? Well, it was tested really well, what can I say!
It came in my NYR order last August, I am technically a NYR consultant, but selling the products is not for me, so it if fair to say I am my only customer. It works for me as I get a discount, and most of the products I tried to date, I was impressed with. Seriously, their shower gels last for months, and ours is a family of 4! At first I was a bit reluctant to pay rather high price for a shower gel, well, at least in my opinion anyway; but after trying it I am willing to, they work very well and are very economical.
Anyways, let’s get back to the moisturizer, shall we?
As a NYR consultant you are supposed to do at least one annual order of 100€ value (to get points to keep your consultant status), and I figured that is not a bad deal, since you easily spend 100€ on natural products anyway, and discount never hurt anybody, right? I know I love discounts. As a stay at home mum it is in my nature to be frugal, and let’s face it, 100€ won't get you very far when it comes to buying green beauty products. Well, to be fair, NYR prices aren't like “high end” of green beauty prices, but they are not cheap either, for example this Palmarosa moisturizer costs 35€ for 100ml. I am willing to spend that much of a cash if I know the product will suit me and I will get a good use out of it (more on it later), but I haven't had much luck with NYR face products prior to trying this moisturizer. Their Frankincense face cream and Orange Blossom face oil left my face red, blotchy and painful, a sure sign of allergy to one of ingredients, no? And as we all know you can't return an open product to the brand or store, so I was stuck with rather expensive and unsuitable products. I can't remember exactly what I did with them, I think I sent the oil in a green beauty swap and I gave away the cream to my friend? It does not matter either way. Whee, I talk too much today, and steer off the topic, please forgive me my dear readers!
So needless to say I was really apprehensive when ordering this moisturizer, as someone with next-to-nothing play budget I can't afford too many mistakes, let’s put it this way. To be honest with you this facial moisturizer is aimed at oily skin people, and you might be left wondering why I chose this instead of their product for dry and sensitive skin? It is because I was able to sample it in a mini size first, and I really liked, my skin showed zero adverse reactions to it, zero redness, zero itching, zero anything, and that is very important to me, out of 10 new products I try, vast majority will leave me with red and inflamed skin! It is getting so bad that I almost don't want to test new products anymore, and that is heartbreaking as it is the exact thing that I love to do, and somewhat suicide as a blogger. I really do worry about producing content if I don't get new products, but we shall see, lets take it one day at a time, shall we?
So there were my reasons for choosing this moisturizer, it came home because my skin loved it. You see, NYR consultants are able to purchase mini sizes of selected products as an add on to their order, and that is exactly what I did. At that time I was in need of a new facial moisturizer, and as stuff from their sensitive range wasn't on offer, I chose what was, aka Palmarosa one. Thankfully it worked out perfectly, and it is safe to say I will be repurchasing it time and time again. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that it made into my 2016 Best Products! 
It was the end of the summer I got it, so I used it in its own until the seasonal change came, and it worked very well on its own. When fall and cold rolled around and my skin started freaking out because of it, I added a facial oil to it, and voila, happy skin days again! So I used it for around five and a half months day in and day out (in my morning and night skincare routine) and would happily carried on, if it didn't star smelling funny. You see, even thought the Best Before date is still good (well into 2018 in fact), but the actual Use After Opening date is six months. (All your products too have two such dates, and I suggest you pay attention, look for the “open lid” logo with a number, and depending on your product it will have two to twelve months “use by” date. It differs from product to product, but I suggest you stick to those dates, even if you are like me and it pains you to throw away half or hardly used product - using outdated skincare and make up might do more harm than good. So I suggest not building a collection that is too large, just enough you would need in your day to day life. And no back ups. It is not a war time, the products will still be there in the shops when you need them.)
Weehee, I do tend to go off the track a lot today, am I? I meant to say that I really enjoyed the product while it lasted, and I did a really good job of finishing half of it, using it twice daily. Now that it smells a bit funny, I am parting ways with it - with my very sensitive skin and post dermatitis I better part with it and not be frugal! Someone with less sensitive skin might get away with using it longer (I know people who use their NYR products waay past their date and they are fine with it) - not everyone has such sensitive skin as moi. 




This moisturizer is not thick or oily, it is very light and it sinks in really quickly leaving no residue whatsoever, which I like, and you can't feel it on the skin once it is on. It is thin yogurt consistency. It does not have any SPF which is a bit of a bummer, as I would like my SPF to come from a good moisturizer. I have to say I hate having to layer separate SPF product on, and that is probably the only con of it. Oh, no, wait, expiring halfway through the bottle is another major con! I was complaining about it on Instagram, and someone suggested splitting it with someone, and that's a great idea, I feel sort of dumbo of not thinking of that myself, but it is certainly what I will do when I will get my next bottle come summer time. Why not now you ask? Well, I am using another fabulous moisturizer at the moment, which might be more suitable for winter weather, and I can't wait to tell you all about it! I just needed to get this review out of the way first. I need to be more organized with my reviews, sometimes I use a fabulous product for months and it somehow bypasses any Instagram or blog mention! I know a few other products I failed to review last year, another NYR product in a form of White Tea Eye Gel and Lil Fox eye butter - I really enjoyed using both of them for the better half of the year, but totally forgot to mention it in any social media of mine, whoops or what? Now I am happily using Passion Eye Serum by Earthwise Beauty, and have another eye oil product by another brand waiting it's turn, but if I published the reviews of four of the products now, people would be like "what? how many under eye products can one person have?", you know what I mean?

This Purifying Palmarosa moisturizer featured heavily in my Instagram feed and in my Everyday Skincare Routine - please check it out here if you missed it.

Check out NYR at Love Lula

or my NYR page

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Cetyl alcohol, Sucrose stearate, Glycerin*, Epilobium fleischeri (Alpine willowherb) extract*, Galium aparine (Cleavers) extract*, Cymbopogon martinii (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Canarium luzonicum (Elemi) gum oil, Citrus limonum (Lemon) peel oil expressed*, Citrus aurantium (Neroli) flower oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm) leaf oil*, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree) leaf oil*, Coriandrum sativum (Coriander) fruit oil*, Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Potassium sorbate, Sodium hyaluronate, Xanthan gum, Levulinic acid, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool.

*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 90% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.

  
So that is it, another review for today, I hope you find them useful and interesting! Thanks for reading!


Lots of Love!
Renata. 


Related posts:





Disclaimer - I purchased the product with my own moolah, but even if it was sent to me, that would not change my opinion on the product in the slightest. I am responsible for what flies out of my mouth, and I am know to be candid but honest. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment