Thursday, October 6, 2016

Jane Iredale First Impressions Review


Hi Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕



Jane Iredale is an iconic brand in the green beauty field, and I am sure you don't need the introduction to it! Jane Iredale was the pioneer in the green beauty field, she was one of the first brands to put the mineral make up on the map. It is well loved and trusted by the make up artists, celebrities and us mere mortals worldwide. So despite knowing they use some chemicals like dimethicone (which is derived from sand, not petrochemicals!) in some of their products, I still jumped at a chance to try the make up. I mean who wouldn't, right? What do you say when you are offered a chance to try their products? You say "Yes Please, come this way"! All the ingredients they use are out there in the open, so you can peruse if you are comfortable or not with them, all products are clearly labelled if they are vegan, gluten free or not. Check their website prior the purchase if you are in any doubt. All their products are certified cruelty free, which is very important for us, right? They proudly display Leaping Bunny and Peta certifications. They are also very committed to giving back in many ways, and you can read more about it on their website.
Boring Stuff I Have To Say, aka Disclaimer first - I was sent a few items and some of them are bought with my own moolah, and I want to tell you all about them! Shall we start?


Jane Iredale Clarity Multiple on the top right
Jane Iredale Clarity Multiple swatched. Insert heart eyed emoji here :)
Clarity Multiple

Ingredients:
Ethyl Macadamiate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Moringa Pterygosperma (Moringa) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Jojobate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ozokerite, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (May Contain) Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77489, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850)(Aka 202), Red 27 Lake (Ci 454102).

Isn't it just lush and gorgeous? I have this beautiful multiple for a while now, and yet I can't stop oohing and aaghing at how beautiful the colour it. Every time I take it out of my blush drawer I think to myself "I should use this more often". Truth to be told this is the only multiple I have left at the moment, as I gave those 100%Pure ones away, they were not quite up to scratch for me. This is way better in my opinion, the colour is to die for gorgeous (prepare to read it 97 more times in this post) and it just works! The texture is creamy, but just dry enough to adhere to the skin well, and it lasts pretty well on the cheeks, like all day without any retouching! Perfect for me, as I am someone who does not do touch ups during the day, when I leave the house in the morning, that is it for me. Yet the stick is perfect for on the go or for travelling too. The stick is small (4.25gr) but it will last you months, tried and tested by me :) Don't let the bright pink colour scare you, it is not as Barbie pink on the skin, it blends beautifully, and you can control the application easily. Love? Yes!



Liquid Minerals foundation (in Satin)


Very important to me and my fellow super sensitive skin gals, this foundation contains no dimethicone, like some of their other products (To be honest, I was dying to try their BB cream famous for their full coverage, but my skin broke out from it. Very upsetting for me as I’d hoped it would be my holy grail product. I still highly recommend it to anyone bar super sensitive gals, or try to get a sample of it to see if it's for you)


So, back to the liquids minerals foundation! It is spheres of minerals in aloe vera base. It looks beautiful, don't you think? My shade is Satin and it is right for me. It does not give a lot of coverage, very light coverage indeed, but it  but it is totally fine with me, as that’s exactly how I like my skin to look like these days.  I am coming out of my post dermatitis shell, where all I wanted to do was to cover up my skin completely. And the funny thing is, I now receive more compliment on my skin than ever. This foundation holds well on its own throughout the day, is not irritating at all, and is a joy to use, feels like nothing on the skin!
This was the one recommended to me once I took a Quiz on Jane Iredale website, so I was super stoked to get it. It is not what I expected to be honest, it is much more sheer in terms of coverage, and I expected it to be more covering, but it is in no way a product's shortfall. I have to say I like it still, even though I tend to go for more coverage most of the time, but in the recent months I started to get much more comfortable with my bare skin, and yes, even my dermatitis scars. Basically I wear products with little coverage and dewy finish (like this product) on my good skin days, and tend to go matte and more opaque when my skin is misbehaving (tends to happen if I test too many products at once or accidentally gluten myself). Thankfully I have more good skin days novadays, so this foundation comes out to play rather often these days, and I have to say I really like it! As I already mentioned, it has very little coverage, just enough to even out your skin tone and give that dewy blurred effect to the skin, so it looks like you can see in the photo below, it is unretouched in any kind of way (I don't do "fixings" nor filters, what you see is what you get with me). What do you think? I think it looks rather good?


Copyright Green Life In Dublin


Green Life In Dublin


Liquid Minerals Foundation Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Glycerin, Algae, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Squalane, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Boron Nitride, Stearic Acid. [+/- (May Contain) Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77489, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288).







Amazing Matte Loose Finish Setting Powder

Ingredients:
Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Zinc Stearate, Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (May Contain) Iron Oxides (Ci 77489, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)]
Again, this contains no dimethicone, very important for me. Still, it is a very silky setting powder, that gives matte finish. It is translucent, so it has no color on its own, so that is perfect for me. I didn't have a translucent setting powder before, so l definitely enjoy having it in my collection. I use it more on my bad skin days, where I want more coverage for skin and I want it to be matte. So I use it on top of other foundations, like Kjaer Weis or 100%Pure Healthy Skin one. It makes the foundations last all day and not budge. If you are oily skin gal, or if your foundation tends to move a lot, this might be your new best friend.



Setting sprays - D2O Hydrating Spray & Pommisst Hydration Spray




D2O Hydrating Spray Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Laminaria Digitata (Algae) Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Alcohol**. *Ingredient From Organic Farming ** Made Using Organic Ingredients 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin 27.8% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by Ecocert.






Pommist Hydration Spray Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract*, Laminaria Digitata (Algae) Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil*, Alcohol** *INGREDIENT FROM ORGANIC FARMING ** MADE USING ORGANIC INGREDIENTS 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin 31.83% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by Ecocert.


What can I say? I really enjoy both sprays, I use them to both set my make up and refresh my face throughout the day! They are slightly different in the ingredients and what they are aimed for, but I have to say I don't discriminate and use them both equally :) And I love them both the same. I am sure I will use them both more in the upcoming months, now that I've got the heating on, they will come in handy for that boost of hydration that we all need. And who does not want a boost of hydration that comes from natural origin, right? I have to add that the sprays differ in smell too, and in my opinion Pommisst smells nicer, but that is only my opinion. We are all different. I also use either of these sprays to create a winged liner from my mineral eye shadow, more info here.




So, what are my final thoughts on Jane Iredale products? Do I love and recommend them? Yes on both counts, although I would highly recommend securing samples first, for example I have had reaction to the dimethicone in the BB cream and was gutted about it, as I was dying to try that product out and was hoping it would end my quest for perfect foundation. And their silicones are derived from sand, not the petrochemicals! See, uber sensitive skin. Sigh. And it might not be for you if you a die hard purist, as they do use some ingredients that come from a man made source, all tested for safety of course!

I have to say I am hooked on this brand and I am compiling a wish list, which currently looks like this: (Are You listening, Santa??)

  • *Enlighten concealer in 1
  • *SPF dry sunscreen
  • *Blushes in Awake, Cotton Candy and Whisper
  • *Moonglow bronzer
  • *Jelly Jar gel eyeliner
  • *Eye pencil in black
  • *Active Light under eye concealer in 2 or 3
  • *Circle Delete concealer in 2
  • *Brow pencil (not sure of the shade yet)


What are your favourite products from Jane Iredale if you have tried them? What products are on your wishlist? Please share with me :)



That is all for now, take care! Next I am planning my "Natural Defences against Colds and Flu" post, so stay tuned for that.



Lots of Love,

Renata.





2 comments:

  1. WhooHoo, first comment. Hi, it's the Free Range Diva here and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts on this line. First of all, your skin looks beautiful - no one could tell that you once had issues w/ dermatitis. Also you have the most dramatic, expressive eyes and I think I NEED to see you do a smokey eye look, LOL! I like your wish list, but I think you should add the blush in Flawless because I think it would be beautiful on you (yes, I'm an enabler)!! Looking forward to the colds & flu post. TTYS, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovely! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! Many thanks for the compliment, I am yet to master a smokey eye look, lol! Panda eyes, yes, I can do that well, but not sure if anyone would want to see it :) And yes, I am adding Flawless to my list, thanking you for recommendation! I agree, we are all such enablers in green beauty community! Take are. xo

      Delete