Monday, April 25, 2016

100% Pure Mascaras Round Up and Review

 Hi Lovelies,

100%Pure Mascaras Review & Comparison

100%Pure Maracuja mascara in Black Tea at the top, their original Fruit Pigmented Mascara in Black Tea at the bottom

Today I am presenting to you my favourite clean and green mascara! Pass the drum roll please, and ta-da-da-dah! it's 100%Pure Maracuja Mascara in Black Tea! 100%Pure does have two types of mascaras, and I will touch on both of them here, but to be clear from the start, my favourite is Maracuja one, while their original mascara tends to do very little for me, and it's mainly down to the brush. I think. I will go in a bit more details in just a second.
So as I just mentioned, 100%Pure does two types of mascaras, they sound very similar in name and they also appear very similar on the outside, they both have that gorgeous sleek silver bullet type of packaging with flower prints on them, but if you look closely, the original mascara is in true silver, but their Maracuja is packaged in rose gold packaging, and that is the one I like. I should also mention they also do some variations in colours, but having tried (and overdid) coloured mascaras in my youth I have no desire to wear them again, so I only tried the black ones. The original Fruit Pigmented Mascara has some weird shaped brush that does nothing for you, and it is also too long in my opinion, it is very easy to get mascara on your eyelids and everywhere you don't want your mascara to be! The brush thins out in the middle and I am not sure where were they going designing this type of the brush, but they sure missed it if you ask me, it is very hard to use and you hardly can build it up, the result is very "natural looking", or as they say "it's good everyday mascara" - or as I say, it will give you zero volume and sparse looking lashes, which is exactly what I don't want! I was really disappointed when i first tried it, I can compare it with DrHaushka mascara, they are very similar in that sense, but having learned this lesson I avoid any mascaras that are described as "good for everyday" or "natural looking" from then on, I don't want natural looking, I want volume! length! drama! With my short and stumpy lashes I need all the help I need in this department. If you would see my family's lashes, you would understand why. Cow's lashes anyone?
Now let's get back to the mascaras, shall we? The Maracuja one has a way better brush as you can see in the photo, it's the old fashioned big fat brush that you can really build the product up with, and this is exactly what I need, so I was like, thanks Green Beauty Gods for this! I am so glad I gave this a chance, because after such a disappointment with their first one I very nearly missed out on it. Both mascaras have gorgeous very clean ingredients, shall we look into it?

Ingredients: Fruit Pigmented Black Tea Mascara:
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Organic Green Tea), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cera Alba (Honey Beeswax), Rubus Fruticosus Fruit Extract (Blackberry Extract), Ribes Nigrum Fruit Extract (Blackcurrant Extract), Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract (Raspberry Extract), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (Oat Protein), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Wheat Protein), Pantothenic Acid (Pro-vitamin B5), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (Seaweed Powder), Coconut Stearic Acid (Coconut Acid), Mica, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter), Pearl Powder, Oryza Sativa Germ Powder (Rice Powder), Theobroma Cacao Extract (Cocoa Powder), Coffea Arabica Seed Extract (Powdered Coffee Beans), Mel (Lavender Honey), Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract (Oregano Extract), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Extract (Thyme Extract), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary Extract), Lavandula Angustifolia Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (Lavender Extract), Hydrastis Canadensis Extract (Goldenseal Extract)

Ingredients: Maracuja Mascara in Black Tea:
Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Coconut Stearic Acid, Pantothenic Acid (Pro-vitamin B5), Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Powder Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Passiflora Alata (Maracuja) Seed Oil, Extracts of Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice) Leaf*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Powder, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Beans) Seed, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Passiflora Alata (Maracuja) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, May Contain Iron Oxides * Certified Organic


Now, if you looked into that closely you would notice that their original mascara has beeswax and pearl powder in it, making it not vegan, and their Maracuja one does not have those, making it perfectly fine for my vegan friends! It does not also contain gluten, making it perfect for me! Both formulas are fantastic, very clean ingredients, you would be pressed hard to find such a clean ingredients in the green beauty world, and what I like even more, both mascaras will make your eyelashes grow! And I know it is this for a fact, I noticed them getting very long and healthy looking since starting using it, and I don't use any lash serums, no castor oil, nuffink! Now, I probably confused you a little bit here saying that I like both formulas very much, and let me clarify - once I got a (maracuja) mascara  that was gone off already and it smelled of alcohol, not the usual pleasant fruity scent, and after a few email exchanges I got a replacement (their customer service is fantastic btw) but since Maracuja mascara was out of stock at the time, they sent me the original one, and after one use I was like "Oh, now I remember why I don't like this!" but since switching up the brush from their Maracuja mascara it worked just fine, the way I like it. Such a minor thing, the bend in the brush, but it makes such a dramatic difference!

So to round it up, both mascaras are very good for different reasons, and it is up to you which one to choose, if you already have perfect lashes to begin with and you are not a vegan, you may go for their original Fruit Pigmented Mascara, but if you are like me where you need all the help in this department, I highly recommend that you try their Maracuja mascara (remember, rose gold packaging) and you will be glad you did! I have never repurchased any other mascara five or six times before, and to be honest I am so happy with it, l don't plan to look much further in the mascaras department, because I have wasted tons of money in doing so, where all these other brands didn't work for me for various reasons, and when you finally hit the jackpot you don't want to stray from it, right? In fact I will go on as far as to say that it is my nr1 from this brand, and it's one thing I will always repurchase as long as 100%Pure will ship it to Ireland.


So there you have it, my 100%Pure Mascaras round up and review, and I hope I touched all aspects of it, but if you have any questions, please let me know :)


Have you tried it? What is your favourite green mascara? Please share with me either here on in my Instagram page, I would really love to know.



That is all for now, see you next Monday.
Lots of Love,
Renata.
.
.
.

FOLLOW ME ON:

  BLOGLOVIN

INSTAGRAM

TWITTER

PINTEREST

Follow my new blog www.greenlifeindublin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment