Sunday, April 17, 2016

100% Pure Caffeine Mask review and one tip on how to make them last three times longer!



Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕


100% Pure Caffeine sheet masks

Let's talk about these amazing sheet masks, shall we? Until last year I wasn't into masks at all, and if it weren't for the awesome gift with purchase deal that 100%Pure had a while back, I wouldn't have tried these masks and would have missed out on such an awesomness! It truly does amazing things for the skin - it will look way more happy and plump, all the irritations and small red patches will be gone in a flash. I will spare you the Hannibal Lecter style selfie, but you can imagine how you look with it on! I am masking while I lay in the Epsom salts bath on Sundays in a bid to not scare the family members. You have to keep the mask on for around 20mins, but keeping it longer won't hurt.
These masks retail for €6 for one or for €25 for a pack of five, so they are not too expensive, and I highly suggest you would treat yourself to one (or five) sometime soon! I already told my husband that when we will come into money, I will make them into the regular occurrence in my beauty arsenal. You can get those and other type of masks (which I haven't tried yet) from their website. Let's have a look into the ingredients, shall we?

 Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice)*, Coffea Arabica (Green Coffee) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Arbutin Extract (from Bearberry), Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Extract*, Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Collagen, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Ilex Paraguariensis (Yerba Mate) Extract, Plant Cellulose, Glycerin * Certified Organic

Pretty fabulous if you ask me!

The official blurb:
 Caffeine effectively restores sun damaged skin, is anti-inflammatory, stimulates circulation, and soothes redness. The mask material "hydrogel" is composed from 95% organic aloe water and 5% plant cellulose made to intensely hydrate.The longer you leave the mask on your skin, the thinner the hydrogel mask becomes because the water gets absorbed into the skin. The hydrogel assists in delivering active ingredients onto your skin.

My comments:
I have to agree it does what it says on the tin, err, packaging. I already mentioned that my skin gets more plump and bright every time I use it. I am also very happy with it because the skin becomes very smooth and all the irritations in a form of dry patches and redness also disappear! Albeit the effect is temporary, but on the next day I can skip the face cream and make up, because my skin looks that good! I couldn't believe my eyes at the difference after my first use. 

My frugal tip:
No, it is not what you think, I am not about to suggest to reuse the same mask five times, my two cents on it would be not to throw the water from the packet, because that's where the active ingredients are at, I decant the liquid into small glass bottle and keep it in the fridge, and there's enough of it for one or more uses! You can use rice paper (which is easy to find nowadays in the oriental section of your supermarket or your local Asian store) cut to the size like I show you here, or clean muslin cloth if you can't find rice paper or you don't want to use it.
Rice paper has many good properties on it's own, so it will only add benefits to this DIY mask, it will help brighten the skin and face acne scars, as well as help to erase blemishes. Simply cut it to size, take a shallow plate big enough to fit the rice paper in, make some green tea and pour some of it into the plate (don't forget to sip the rest of it while masking), add the caffeine liquid and soak the rice paper. Place it on the face, and like with the original mask, keep it for around 20 mins and peel it off. Don't rinse.
By the way, remember this tip even if you don't have the liquid from 100%Pure, you can customise the mask in a million different ways, only with green tea, tea and honey, tea and clay, tea and spirulina, you get the idea!




This is how I cut the rice paper to size, the top is for forehead, the bottom is for the chin, the two parts for the cheeks and the middle one is for the nose. You can customise it your way too :)



My verdict:
Do I like and recommend this mask? Yes and Yes!! Overall, when it comes to this brand this is one of my top three items from them, probably at nr2, the first one being the maracuja mascara (review to come, promise) and the third being the powder blushes. It is truly safe to say that I've come to love this product and want to have it at all times. 2015 was the year where I tried loads of masks, from cheaper clay masks to very expensive rose ones with probiotics in them, and this mask blew all the others out of the water, in my mind it is simply the best from what I have tried so far. 
Psst! Get them from Amazon, Detox Market, Safe & Chic and other places :)



So that is all for now, I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! See you next Monday, I will have a new blog post every Monday from now on. Why Monday you ask? Why, to brighten up your day of course!

 Please like and share my posts on social media, it really helps to get the green beauty word out - and you will forever have my gratitude! Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.comBloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube. (someday I will start making YouTube videos, promise!)


Lots of love,
Renata. 




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. many thanks for reading and I hope you will like it as much as I do, that's if you will decide to purchase it some day :)

      Delete