Friday, March 25, 2016

100%Pure Luminous Primer Review

Hi Lovelies,

100%Pure Luminous Primer Review

 A few of you wanted me to review this 100%Pure primer, so here I am putting my two cents on it.
I was using it for more than a month now, so I feel I gave it enough time to form my opinion on it, and truth to be told I am loving it! This is my first primer ever as I was against the primers for the longest time ever, my thinking was that the foundation should work perfectly on it's own, without the crutch of an additional product, that I am looking to simplify my make up routine, not add another step to it, that sort of thing. (another option I tried before was the Vapour Organics Stratus in 902, but it didn't work out for me in a way that it made my skin itch). But truth to be told that us ladies over 30 (shhh..) really DO need to add this step to our make up routine because as we get older make up does not last as long. I made up my mind after Sam (or was it Nic?) from a powerhouse that is Pixiwoo complaining about it, I think she is younger than me, and she uses conventional make up (which adheres to the skin much better) so I figured if her make up does not last, then so be it, primer it is, because I don't know about you, but I find that natural make up does not last on me, mineral powders tend to do a bit better, but I am lucky if I get more than four hours of wear with my cream or liquid foundations.
I have written about 100%Pure as a brand already, so let's skip the introduction to it, and let's get straight to the review, shall we?

The official blurb:
Light reflective pigments diffuse the look of lines and wrinkles and makes skin instantly appear more luminous, bright, healthy, and glowing. Infused with red wine resveratrol, vitamins and antioxidants to shield from free radical damage. For Whom For all (universal). For those desiring a luminous complexion and longer wearing makeup.
 I have to say I agree with it, my skin looks better with it, pores are minimised - I never used any product with silicones, but i imagine it feels/works similar, plus the skin really looks dewy! So if you are a fan of a dewy skin (I know I am) then this primer is for you. I have a very sensitive and reactive skin, and I had zero problems, no initial irritation, nor my skin broke out from it. For you ladies out there that have sensitive skin like me, do not be afraid of trying this product out. It retails for 31€ but if you find that too pricy, you can do what I do and wait for their deals that they have from time to time. More info on how I go on about it on my other blogpost - check my 100%Pure collection and overview.

The ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice) Leaf Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters (Wax), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Resveratrol, Silica, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Mica * Certified Organic
I really like the ingredients apart from the Japanese Honeysuckle (although from a natural source, it still behaves like a paraben in your body wreaking havoc with your endocrine system, and that is my only problem with this brand! Well, one of two problems, actually. Make sure you don't overload yourself with too many parabens, natural or not) I also like the fact that it contains candelilla wax instead of beeswax, which makes it a vegan product.

The performance:
I is a white gel consistency product with a tiny gold shimmers through it. But don't let that scare you, it won't be noticeable on your face, you won't look like a glitter disco ball, the finish is very natural and it looks like you are glowing from within. The make up glides on very smoothly on, and it stays that way


100%Pure Luminous Primer
The verdict:
Do I like and recommend this product? Yes and yes :) I have tried it with cream and liquid foundations, as well as mineral powder foundation, it works with all of them equally well, and I am so happy with it. Let me know your thoughts if you tried it already or plan to do so?

Psst, you can get it on Amazon The Detox Market, Safe & Chic & other places



So that is all for now. I wanted to take an opportunity to wish a Happy Easter to all of you my lovely readers :) 



FOLLOW ME ON:

  BLOGLOVIN

INSTAGRAM


TWITTER

Follow me on my new blog www.greenlifeindublin.com



Lots of Love,
Renata. 
 .
.
.
Update six or seven months later - this primer expired on me when it was half full, and I didn't get that much use out of it. For this reason I will be looking into other options when it comes to primers. i still think it is a great product, but be sure to use it daily or frequently to get your money's worth out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment