Monday, November 2, 2015

Neals Yeard Remedies - My Stash and Experience So Far

Hi My Loves :)

Neals Yard Remedies Products


So I've become Neal's Yard Remedies customer!   Let's see what I got and what I think of it, shall we? Here you will be able to see all the products I got, I will try to do my best to review it as soon as possible, please bear in mind my dermatitis that holds me back from trying it all at once, haha, but I will update this post as soon as I will try new item. So let's dig in :)
 
Neals Yard Remedies Skincare

Beauty Sleep Body Lotion: (30.10€ for 200ml)

Ingredients: Aqua, Corylus avellana (Hazel) nut oil*+, Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil*, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) butter*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea nut butter)*, Cetyl alcohol, Cetearyl glucoside, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (Aloe vera) powder*, Sodium hyaluronate, Rosa damascena flower (Rose) oil*, Pelargonium graveolens flower (Geranium) oil*, Cananga odorata flower (Ylang ylang) oil*, Citrus medica limonum (Lemon) oil*, Tocopherol, Helianthus annuus seed (Sunflower) oil*, Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Potassium sorbate, Xanthan gum, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient.+Nut based ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 95% organic ingredients.
I say: I must confess that I am not a fan of lavender smell, I know, shock horror! :) I do own a lavender essential oil and I do know about many many healing properties to it, but I just can not bring myself to use it, so l tend to skip all-things-lavender. This came in my starter kit and I gifted this among some other things to my mom. She uses it happily.

Geranium & Orange Hand Wash:  (€17.50 for 200ml)

Ingredients: Aqua, Potassium sunflowerate*, Potassium cocoate*, Coco-glucoside, Glycerin*, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) peel oil*, Propolis extract*, Alcohol denat.*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) oil*, Potassium chloride, Potassium citrate, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 93% organic ingredients.
I say: I must admit I was apprehensive about seemingly high price tag for such a product, but now I can see it's worth the splurge, as l use it for a God-only-knows how many months already, and it's only halfway down. And I just love the fact that it's made with 95% organic ingredients, what more can you ask for? It is also non drying, which is fabulous, as l wash my hands multiple times per day.
The only fly in the ointment that I don't like the scent so I will go for something else next time, probably Bee Lovely one :)

Rehydrating Rose Toner: (22.50€ for 200ml)

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Alcohol denat., Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Rosa damascena (Rose) essential oil, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Potassium sorbate, Coco-glucoside, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 95% organically produced ingredients. This is a vegan product.
I say: I must say that my skin didn't react well to the alcohol in this product, and that is the reason I won't be repurchasing this product. That is a  deal breaker for me as my skin tends to react badly to any alcohols in any products; but then again, my skin is sensitive, if you are a gal with normal or oily skin, this might be your best friend? It still sits on my counter in the bathroom, but I must give it away to one of my friends. Prior to this I used to use cheap rose water from Asian shops - edible kind, and they cost less than €2 per bottle, and I will go back to using that.


Neals Yard Remedies Essential Oils

Lavender Essential Oil: (€9.40 for 10ml)
The only ingredient in this is lavender essential oil, and you can use it for baths, inhalations or applying on the skin, remembering to dilute it very well.

Geranium Essential Oil: (Organic) €14.50 for 10ml
Again, this s a pure essential oil that has balancing refreshing properties to it, and you can use it for vaporisation, baths and on the skin, again, remember to dilute it very well.

Lemon Essential Oil: (Organic) €8 for 10ml
Has stimulating, cleansing and uplifting properties to it, great price point for organic product in my mind! Definitely purchasing it again! Can be used as the other oils, but I also add it to my DIY cleaning products.

*Please don't use any essential oils on the skin undiluted, ever! And please do your own research about essential oils, there are plenty of books or websites dedicated that that.

NYR skincare products

White Tea Toning Eye Gel: (€33.60 for 10 ml)

Ingredients: Hamamelis virginiana (Witch hazel) extract, Alcohol denat., Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Rosa centifolia (Rose) flower extract, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Euphrasia officinalis (Eyebright) extract*, Sodium hyaluronate, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract. *Organically produced ingredient. Made with 6% organic ingredients. Made with 100% ingredients from natural origin. This is a vegan product. 
This is a fabulous product and the only thing that really works at removing wrinkles, it is amazing! I have used countless eye creams in my time and nothing worked until this beauty came along :) So glad I have it! Full review coming up. 

White Tea Facial Mist: (€16.10 for 45ml)

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Calendula officinalis (Marigold) flower extract*, Alcohol denat.*, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Levulinic acid, Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini) oil*, Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) oil*, English Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) oil*, Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) oil*, Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) oil*, Cistus (Cistus ladaniferus) oil*, Melissa (Melissa officinalis) oil*, Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) oil*, Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) oil*, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Bach Flower RemediesTM: Malus sylvestris (Crab apple) essence, Impatiens glandulifera (Impatiens) essence, Alcohol, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 92% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.
I say:  Even though this has alcohol in it too, I am somehow able to use it! It really came handy in summer to take the heat off, and I do plan on purchasing it when the summer comes. if you are dry skin gal like me, you can also use it for setting your make up and refreshing it throughout the day.That's little tip for you :)

NYR Orange Flower Facial Oil

Neals Yard Remedies Orange Flower Facial Oil

Orange Flower Facial Oil: (€34.70 for 30ml)

Ingredients: Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil*+, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Oenothera biennis (Evening primrose) oil*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Punica granatum (Pomegranate) seed oil*, Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil*, Citrus nobilis (Mandarin) peel oil expressed*, Citrus aurantium (Neroli) flower oil*, Cananga odorata (Ylang ylang) flower oil*, Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea buckthorn) oil*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Tocopherol,Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool.
*Organically produced ingredient. +Nut based ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oil listed. Made with 99% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.
I say: Once I got this I thought it's probably a simple jojoba or sunflower based oil with some orange essential oil in it, however that is not the case! It is chockfull of fabulous plant oils as well as few essential oils, and it's 99% organic, which justifies the price to me (I deemed it too high at the beginning if I am honest) It also does not react with my dermatitis at all, which I am chuffed about, and I do have to say I really am enjoying this! 


Neals Yard Remedies Frankincense Hydrating Cream

Frankincense Hydrating Cream: (€38.50 for 30ml)

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Glycerin*, Cetearyl alcohol, Alcohol denat.*, Calendula officinalis (Marigold) flower extract*, Cetearyl glucoside, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Almond) oil*+, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil*+, Borago officinalis (Borage) seed oil*, Daucus carota (Carrot) fruit oil*, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Glyceryl stearate, Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Potassium sorbate, Sodium hyaluronate, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Commiphora myrrha (Myrhh) oil, Limonene. *Organically produced ingredient. +Nut/Seed-based ingredient.Natural constituent of essential oils listed.Made with91% organic ingredients.This is a vegan product.
I say: I have used it for a little while, but it is a little too strong for me, plus it always reacts with my dermatitis patch by making it redder, so I probably won't get it again, but I will go for something from their sensitive skin range. 

NYR Wild Rose Beauty Balm

Wild Rose Beauty Balm: (53.20€ for 50ml)

Ingredients: Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 99% organic ingredients.
I say: This is love at the first use! I first tried a sample when I had dermatitis at it's worst and this was one of the very few products that I could tolerate and it soothed my skin tremendously. This you can use three ways - as a mask, a cleanser or as I do, a emolient moisturiser, I leave it all day if I have time to spare. It leaves skin soft and supple, all the redness is gone and my skin seems happier and brighter at the end of the day. I wouldn't waste it using as a cleanser (unless I am traveling) as it's too fabulous for that, not to mention it costs a pretty penny! But once again, even the initial cost seems high, I am once again convinced that it is worth it, as a little of it goes a long way, and I am prepared to pay higher price for an organic product. Plus it's base is rosehip oil, not cheap oil like other brands use, so that explains the price point. I think it's safe to say that it's upgraded to Holy Grail product status and I never want to be without it :) Yep, I love it that much!



AAAnd my second order from the company :)

Aloe Vera Juice: (€7 for 100ml)

Ingredients: Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis), Citric acid, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate.
This is a vegan product. Can be taken internally or externally. Take my word for it, keep it in the fridge once opened, it went off on the second week for me.

Organic Elderberry Syrup: (13.30€ for 150ml)

Ingredients: Glucose (Corn and sugar beet syrup)*, Elderberries (22%)*, Lemon concentrated juice*. * Organically produced ingredients. Made with 100% organic ingredients.
I say: I will happily pay this price for an organic product, and I found out elderberry is what helps me the most not to get sick in winters, so I always stock up on it come winter. It also gives you energy for a good few hours, like a nature's Berocca Boost!I highly recommend it.

Geranium and Orange Shower Gel: (19.60€ for 200ml)

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Lauryl glucoside, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Calendula officinalis (Marigold) flower extract*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) peel oil*, Panthenol, Alcohol denat., Sodium olive amphoacetate, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Citric acid,Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient.Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 65% organically produced ingredients. This is a vegan product.
I say: I didn't open it yet, as I still am using the tiny little sample bottle of Bee Lovely shower gel, more about it in a second, and if this is similar, which I assume it is, it should last me absolutely ages. The only thing that I don't enjoy the smell of it, so will go for something else next time, not sure yet.

NYR haul

Bee Lovely Set, which consisted of :

Bee Lovely Busy Bee Balm: (€9.10 for 15ml)

 Ingredients :Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil* Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil* Cera alba (Beeswax)* Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil* Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) seed butter* Citrus sinensis (Orange) peel oil expressed* Calendula officinalis (Marigold) flower extract* Tocopherol CitralEugenol Farnesol Geraniol Limonene Linalool
*Organically produced ingredient.Natural constituent of essential oils listed.Made with 99% organic ingredients.
I say: this was much needed for a lip balm addict - me :) and I do enjoy it very much! Even though the tin is tiny, I think it will last for a year at the very least, as a little of it goes a long way! I also like cute retro metal tin packaging, the only thing that bugs me is thatI have to dip my fingers in the pot, and that contaminates a product.


Bee Lovely Hand Cream: (€14 for 50ml)

 Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Bertholletia excelsa (Brazil nut) seed oil*, Cetyl alcohol, Cetearyl glucoside, Cetearyl olivate, Mel (Honey)*, Citrus sinensis (Orange) peel oil expressed*, Alcohol denat.*, Propolis extract*, Sorbitan olivate, Sodium hyaluronate, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan gum, Potassium sorbate, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Sodium levulinate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool. *Organic ingredients. Natural constituent from essential oils listed.
I say: this is very nice hand cream indeed and I do enjoy using it. I does sink in very fast and does not leave any greasy or sticky residue, which is always a bonus. Smells like oranges, and I do wish it would smell of honey like the name suggest.


Bee Lovely Body Lotion: (30.10€ for 295ml)

Ingredients: Aqua (Water) Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil* Glycerin Cetearyl alcohol Cetearyl glucoside Cera alba (Beeswax)* Citrus sinensis (Orange) peel oil expressed* Citrus nobilis (Mandarin) peel oil expressed* Styrax tonkinensis (Benzoin) resin extract* Mel (Honey)* Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder* Tocopherol
Xanthan gum Alcohol denat.* Levulinic acid Sodium levulinate Potassium sorbate Sodium dehydroacetate Citral Citronellol Eugeno Farnesol Geraniol Limonen Linalool
*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 94% organic ingredients.
I say: Ok, I have to admit seeing so many ingredients scares me a little bit, as I am a mimimalist when it comes to ingredients in the products that I use on my body, the fewer, the better. I will use it up, but I am not sure if I will repurchase it to be honest, as I am in a happy relationship with my pure oils and butters. Even if the product would be super fabulous and amazing, I don't think I will part with 30 bucks for a body lotion.. Just being honest. 

NYR Organic Essential Oil "Organic Defence"

100% Organic Essential Oil "Organic Defence": (€16.10 for 10ml)

Ingredients: Melaleuca Viridiflora Leaf Oil*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil*, Lavandula Hybrida Oil*, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil*, Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil*, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Leaf Oil*, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. *Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 100% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.
I say: I purchased this specifically for this upcoming winter, as I wanted an essential oil blend to protect us from getting sick. I've only used it twice so far, but I can already tell that it will last for a decent amout of time. I used it in my oil burner, and 4 drops I'd put in it were too much, so make sure to start with 1-2 and build it up from there. I will update on it as the time goes.


Nyr Organic Honey & Thyme Syrup

Organic Honey and Thyme Syrup: (€14 for 150ml)

Ingredients: Honey*, Water, Alcohol*, Marshmallow Root Extract (6.7%)*, Glycerin, Thyme Flower Extract (1.6%)*, Aniseed Fruit Extract*, E300 Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). *Organically produced ingredient.
I say: This was another hero product for me, as it knocked out the cough for all four of us in as little as three days! this is nothing short of a miracle for me, and needless to say I always want to have this product now :) 

My Final Thoughts:
I am really impressed with the quality of all the products I have tried, and I have given myself plenty of time to play with the products to make up my mind. As I mentioned in the beginning of my post, I deemed a lot if not all products too expensive (at least for my pocket) but now that I see that they have high percentage of organic ingredients, last for absolutely ages and do work fabulously, I changed my mind about the price point - it's all worth it. I love what this company is all about, they were pioneers in organic, natural and fairtrade business, in fact they were organic before it was fashionable to be organic, they were natural long before it was popular to be natural! I am really impressed! They are fairtrade, do not test on animals (leaping bunny certified), not all products are vegan, but a good portion of it, and it will be stated so. As always, there are star products and not-so-great products in the line, but some of them made it into Holy Grail Status Products, and what can I say - Rose Mask, Organic Thyme Syrup, Organic Defence EO blend and Orange Flower Facial oil get official Green Life In Dublin Stamp Of Approval! 




 What are your favourite NYR products? And if you haven't tried it yet, what would you like to try first? Please share, I really want to know :)

FOLLOW ME ON:

  BLOGLOVIN

INSTAGRAM

TWITTER

PINTEREST

FACEBOOK

YOUTUBE

CHECK OUT MY AMAZON

SEE MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS



That is all for now.
Much Love,
Renata.


1 comment:

  1. I love Neal's Yard! I have an endless wish list. I am currently using their starflower daily moisturiser which is great for my sensitive skin. I'd love to try the rose beauty balm! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk - natural beauty, affordable fashion, everyday life

    ReplyDelete