Friday, June 12, 2015

Natural Dupe for CoverFx Custom Drops foundation / Christopher Drummond concealer review (now called Hynt Beauty)


Christopher Drummond concealer, now Hynt Beauty 

Hi my loves,


(want a hynt? for my new review on this concealer, please click here)

Today I am coming at you with a natural dupe for CoverFx custom drops foundation :) Surprised? Many people seem to think that CoverFx is a "natural" product, just because they claim "no parabens" on the label, and l must admit I was kinda intrigued too when they came out with the custom drops foundation. You see, I am no longer spring chicken and no longer have perfect skin, so have a lot to cover up, and since I switched to natural beauty none of my foundations come up to scratch even when I try to build it up. Plus I have that dreaded dermatitis outbreak that covers half of my face! Horrible does not even cover it. Now, let's get back to concealers here, let's get not sidetracked. Natural concealers are even worse, none of the ones I tried did a decent job and they wear off after one hour. Insert sad face here. Lets get back to CoverFx for a minute here, I just wanted to mention why I was kinda toying with idea of shelling out big bucks for it. ($44 for the drops foundation and plus shipping plus custom tax if you ask) You see, if you saw me in person with no make up on, first question you would ask if i am sick or tired, that's how bad my dark under eye circles are! Since it's hereditary and there's nothing I can do about it I have to live with it. Just under those beauties I've got dark pigmentation from sun damage that won't go away no matter what, some areas with broken capillaries and acne or some irritations from products are also frequent guests on my face. Lovely combination, I know! So you could see why I was interested in CoverFx Custom Drops foundation, it's because it covers everything! So thanks goodness I checked out the ingredients before adding it to the cart!
Here are the ingredients for your perusion:
Ethyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Mica, Jojoba Esters, Triethylhexanoin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Water (Aqua, Eau), Alcohol, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Polyglycerin-3. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

And I was like, thanks but no thanks! Yes I can see some seed wax waaay down the list, but other than that, it's dimethicones aplenty, and what the hell is crosspolymer is doing in "natural" foundation? I don't want to cover my face with plastics and silicones, thanking you.

Now, to be fair I have to tell you that it is no comparison post, since I didn't try CoverFx foundation, this is only my take on what might be the more natural option for you. I got this Christopher Drummond concealer a while ago since so many green youtubers and bloggers claim it to be holy grail status, and l have to agree, the coverage is aaamazing! This will be my repurchase for life! I will insert a few pics so you could see the coverage, and in the meantime shall we look into the ingredient list?

Caprylyl Caprylate/Caprate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tri-Isostearlyl Citrate, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower seed wax/Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Hydrogenated Jojoba oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed oil, , Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oleic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Boron Nitride, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed butter. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

I don't claim to be skincare ingredients expert, but l see more natural ingredients here, don't you?

Hynt Beauty Duet Perfecting Concealer, formerly known as Christopher Drummond concealer 

 The consistency is light and creamy and super pigmented, I have to tell you that, it's nothing like I've seen before! (From what I've seen it looks like MAC Prolongwear concealer, but l never had that to compare for myself). One pump will cover your whole face like nobody's business, and that's when I've come up with the idea for this blog post, the first time I pressed the pump waaay too much product came out, and I could see straight from the bat that is too much for under eye area alone. So I covered my whole face with it, and I didn't need any foundation afterwards! It gave me high coverage (perfect for me, if you are lucky enough to have a decent skin and don't need that much coverage, dilute it with a moisturiser or primer of your choice. ) Dark under eye circles, sun damage areas, freckles, spots, scars, everything will be covered. And it lasts all day. Keep this in mind if you will get this product after all, don't press the pump all the way if you will use it for under eyes only. That is one of two problems I see with this product - the pump gives way too much product and I am sad to say it creases if you will apply second layer.
Here is the photo of the amount needed for under eye are, just a small dime, like 1/3rd of a pump.

Hynt Beauty Duet Perfection Concealer In Light

And here it is spread out a bit, you can see that it is very pigmented! I forgot to add that is the shade light.

Hynt Beauty Duet Perfecting Concealer in Light Swatched

I am so happy with this product I will keep buying it time and time again, and I am thinking of getting it in a darker shade to use as a foundation, as this is getting a bit light for me for summer if my 100% Pure foundation won't work out. And it does not irritate my dermatitis, always a good thing in my book. I should add that this product is organic, vegan and Peta approved, since someone asked me about animal testing and this company. They also changed their packaging recently to a squeezy tube, but last time l looked (today) they still have this packaging on their website.

Duet Perfecting Concealer in Light blended in

So, tell me do you have any experience with this product? Do you like it?
Please let me know :)


*UPDATE: Christopher Drummond now is called Hynt Beauty & the package looks different)

Get it from



That is all for now.
Have a nice day!
Lots of Love.
Renata.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review! Thanks so much for that- very helpful! Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on these products somehow- they really seem like the best versions of natural makeup out there! See you in our next instagram convo :-D Lots of love, Joi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely review. My name is Meryl and I am one of the owners of Hynt Beauty. Our concealer is made up of only natural ingredients. We offer free International shipping of all orders over $99. Below that amount, we have reduced all of the shipping costs. Have a beautyfull day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment, and yes, l know about your reduced shipping costs as l have checked your website after your rebranding already :) I really want some of your products and will make an order sooner or later. So glad l will be able to go straight to your website, no more ebay :)

      Delete